- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, up to 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Module level Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT
- Automatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Mitigates all types of modules mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
The SolarEdge power optimizer is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each PV module or embedded by module manufacturers, replacing the traditional solar junction box. The SolarEdge power optimizers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. Furthermore, the power optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring portal for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance. Each power optimizer is equipped with the unique Safe DC feature which automatically shuts down modules’ DC voltage whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down.
The MPPT per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge Inverters, SolarEdge power optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems.
- Operating temperatures of -40 ?F to +185?F (-40 ?C to +85?C)
- Listed to UL 1741 for U.S. and Canada
- Compliant with: IEC61000-6-2, IEC61000-6-3; FCC Part 15 B; IEC62109-1 Class II
- NEMA 4, IP65 environmental protection rating
- Safe DC module-level shutdown for added safety